[postgis-users] Adding view to geometry_columns table

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Fri Mar 21 01:18:47 PDT 2008

Hello Lee,

There are no pitfalls, working with views in the geometry_columns is the
way to do it. It doesn't matter what non geometry columns you change, as
long as you leave the geometry column in place.
The only thing is that when you want to use QuantumGIS to have edit
access you need to do it on the table directly, not on the view.