[postgis-users] Lambert72 to WGS84

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Apr 28 06:06:21 PDT 2009

Guy,

You would use the ST_Transform function. I see two Lambert 72 in my
database (31300 and 31370).  I assume one of them is right for you, but
if not -- use http://spatialreference.org to find the right one

SELECT * FROM spatial_ref_sys where srtext ilike  '%Lambert 72%'

WGS 84 has an SRID of 4326 so to transform a table you would do
something like

SELECT ST_Transform(the_geom, 4326)
FROM sometable

If you brought your data in with SRID = -1 or the wrong SRID, then you
would need to do

SELECT ST_Transform(ST_SetSRID(the_geom, 31300), 4326) As the_geom_wgs84
FROM sometable

Hope that helps,
Regina