[postgis-users] Road Network Graph creation

Jaak Laineste jaak at nutiteq.com
Sun Jul 5 01:54:04 PDT 2009

Hi,

 This function assumes that the road network is already segmented. If I have
otherwise topologically good network, but without properly segmented streets
(e.g. like in OSM Shapefiles), then it does not work.

 Best solution would be to have similar extended postgis or pgrouting
function to do it. Or is there any other good (and free) tool to do it?

/Jaak

Re: [postgis-users] Road Network Graph creation

Daniel Kastl
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:17:33 -0700

You need to look for the assign_vertex_id function of pgRouting.
This function creates a network topology.

Daniel

Ben Madin schrieb:

Short Answer - Yes - but of course it depends on the quality of your
shapefile as to how useful it is.

Have a look at : http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/

cheers

Ben