[postgis-users] How to change PostGIS (uninstall Old version andadd newer)

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jul 6 15:50:55 PDT 2009

Ravi,

Did you build the data set from scratch.  I think if you used the one we had
on the site, hmm that is probably the version after we were done deduping
and things.  The deduped set may very well lead to the same answers since it
would have gotten rid of any overlapping land.

As far as installing PostGIS 1.4.  You should be able to just run the
postgis_upgrade.sql file packaged in the contrib folder of PostGIS 1.4.  Did
you run into problems running that against your PostGIS 1.3 install?

Leo