[postgis-users] WKT differs in PostGIS and Geos

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jul 11 09:57:26 PDT 2009

Maxime,

ST_AsText does not produce the fidelity of the geometry.  It truncates
floating points and I think where they truncate between GEOS and PostGIS is
different.   GEOS and PostGIS do not share the same WKT writers.

My question is -- have you tried validating the WKB in GEOS.  The WKB should
maintain fidelity so you should get the same IsValid answer in both those
cases.

Leo