[postgis-users] Loop or Cursor

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 21 08:18:35 PDT 2009

Hi Leo

I'm developing a geometric system as opposed to geographic (basically an engineering drawing).

I have a fixed field, representing a peice of paper, within which the user can add one to four objects.

These object are placed within the field according to the total number of objects.

The first object 'A' is placed in the center and then the user adds lines (one to eight at the moment) as attributes to the object.

When the user adds a second object, I want to update the attributes of object A to satisfy the new placement of object A.

When the user places a third object then both, object A and B, need to be updated.

At the moment, my updates haven't worked as I get  either a null or multiple return.

Any suggestions for updating the lines for each object would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob