[postgis-users] Path to closest neighbor

Nalin C nalinchandrawansha at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 20:18:31 PST 2009

Hi,

I have two tables for roads and hospitals. I'm looking for suitable
pgrouting function(s) for following scenario.

Given the accident point (in point geometry), finding the least distant
hospital and draw the path.

Following functionality is needed.

1. One end of the drawn path needs to start from in front of the closest
hospital (which is in hospitals table).
2. Path needs to stop from the accident point on road.

I'm new to pgrouting and appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Nalin Chandrawansha