[postgis-users] Postgis & R language

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Nov 17 11:40:21 PST 2010

David,

Not sure how complex what you have is to graph.  I do wish there was a
package in R that could read ST_AsBinary format directly from PL/R and stuff
it into a spatial dataframe. Maybe someone else knows of that.  The closest
we found was an SQLite driver one for spatial lite which looked like it
could be retrofit to make a standalong binary digester. Can't recall where
that is.

If it's of any help to you we do have an example of using ST_DumpPoints
(introduced in PostGIS 1.5) and using that to populate R spatial data
frames.  The code can be downloaded from

http://www.postgis.us/chapter_10

And of course if you buy the book http://www.postgis.us/page_buy_book
(directly from Manning you get the beta book now (you get all chapters
complete but undergoing revision and polishing) ) and the final book (eBook
or hard-copy), which we hope we will be DONE DONE around January (or
mid-late December if we are lucky).

http://www.postgis.us

Leo and Regina