[postgis-users] How to select points within circle

zhang zhe luckyclare at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 03:46:56 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have one table called building.sql which contains points. I want to select building which fall within a circle. This circle is not a sql table but instead only coordinate and radius such as circle(point '(0,0)', 2.0).

My sql query is like this
select gid, the_geom, floorarea from "building" as m where m.geom within(GeoFromText(circle(point '(306404701,6755737)', 200.0)));

But it gives me erro. Does anyone knows where went wrong?

Thanks a lot