[postgis-users] "Linux" geocoder script ?

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 20:53:48 PDT 2011

Paragon Corporation <lr <at> pcorp.us> writes:

> It shouldn't be too much of a rework.  Most of those things are in variables
> in the respective tiger tables.

Yeah, storing the necessary pieces seems well thought out and straightforward.
However, the code just isn't shell at all and there are a fair number of errors
(missing closing quotes especially, probably from the difficulty of juggling
quotes in the PL/PGSQL func, but also for loops are written in the MS DOS batch
style etc).

> I just haven't documented that piece well.
> So all the shp2pgsql calls are pretty generic and used for any of the
> scripts whether windows or sh.

I am not sure we would want to compensate for odd paths generally, but I know I
have postgres and postgis in nonstandard places and either have to fiddle with a
path variable or use full paths.  Right now I am leaning toward replacing psql
with "$PSQL" and assigning it at the top (need quotes to deal with "Documents
and Settings" in a path).

> But of course you know my little secret, I was born a windows
> administrator..  I use mostly windows :).

Oh, but otherwise you're perfect ;)

If it is useful (maybe even if not), I will send my edited script to the list
once I am finished.