[postgis-users] How To Load SRTM Files into PostGIS

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:46:36 PDT 2011

On Oct 4, 2011, at 11:37 AM, Pierre Racine wrote:

> Hi there is a complete tutorial on how to load SRTM rasters in PostGIS here:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRasterTutorial01

This is great! Thanks. A question follows --

> You load them as true rasters. This implies you have PostGIS Raster installed.

It is not clear from http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster whether I can install PostGIS Raster with PostGIS 1.5.3, or if I have to go the PostGIS 2.0 way.

I already have a working copy of PostgreSQL 9.0.1/PostGIS 1.5.3 installed via MacPorts under /opt/local that I want to continue using. So, I'd like to download only the PostGIS Raster source and compile it against my existing software.

How do I accomplish the above?

--
Puneet Kishor