[postgis-users] Trouble adding Postgis 1.5.3 layer to QGis

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Sep 23 06:37:44 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 03:19:36PM +0200, Dominique LE COCQ wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for your answer. We were using PostGis 1.5.2 before upgrading, and it
> used to work properly with QGis.
> The problem is that there is no setsrid function calling for a (BOX3D,
> integer) in postgis 1.5.3 (nor in postgis 1.5.2), but it is what QGis is
> asking each time we're trying to load postgis layer to QGis.

But it worked in 1.5.2 ?
Did you get to 1.5.2 after a chain of upgrades and 1.5.3 from scratch ?
There's never been a SetSRID taking BOX3D, but implicit casts transformed
that BOX3D into a GEOMETRY, passing the latter to SetSRID.

What's the exact error PostGIS is giving you back ?

> In fact, it seems that in postgis 1.5.3 the BoX3D element doesn't derive
> from the geometry type.

Funny that you mention, as we're actually planning to make a BOX derivate
of GEOMETRY for 2.0

--strk;