[postgis-users] MapAlgebra on three Rasters

JamesH james.holmes at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 11:52:52 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have three Raster's stored in seperate tables which I am looking to
perform a weighted calculation on all three to produce a single Raster as an
output (or a visualisation through OpenJump or Quantum).

The calculation I am attempting is basically:
(raster1 * 0.2) + (raster2 * 0.5) + (raster3 * 0.3)

I know MapAlgebra has a two Raster version, but is it possible to do this
with three rasters?
All three rasters are single band.

An alternative I've considered is to perform the calculation on the first
two rasters and then a second on the new and the third raster but to be able
to do it one query would be ideal.

Kind Regards,
James

-----