[postgis-users] Problems with Raster into Postgis

José María jmamuedo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:32:26 PST 2013

Hello everybody!!

I spent two days to convert a .tif file to Postgis table.  I used *
raster2pgsql* and the resulted was a table with three columns like that: *rid,
rast, filename*. My goal is to work with gvSIG desktop, so I tried to share
my converted raster but I observed that my new postgis raster *has not a
geometry column*, so I can not share my postigs raster into gvSIG.

Someone know how can I resolve this matter? I tried 'SELECT rid,
rast::geometry FROM mytable', but I got no results (I kept having the same
problem).

Thanks for your responses.

Jose.