[postgis-users] PostGIS non functional on Ubuntu 14.04

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 04:19:40 PDT 2014

On 25 July 2014 20:03, Luís de Sousa <luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS21Ubuntu1310src

Whoa, someone edited those for "trusty", and are a bit off. I've
rolled those back to 13.10, and assembled a virtual machine for more
instructions. Look for more appropriate source build instructions at:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS21Ubuntu1404src

And really simple package installation instructions at:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS21Ubuntu1404pkg

While I'm unable to reproduce your error from Ubuntu packages, it
looks like you are on the correct track on removing older libraries of
lwgeom and geos_c. E.g., a clean install from packages should see
this:

$ locate libgeos_c.so
/usr/lib/libgeos_c.so.1
/usr/lib/libgeos_c.so.1.8.2