[postgis-users] Get only the main river. Smoothline???

toni hernández toni at sigte.udg.edu
Mon Jun 8 23:51:24 PDT 2015

Remi,

I didn't tell you before but I want to use the main river line as the
line for labeling river's name. So an approximation to the main river is
good enough for me.
For a major number of cases (rivers tend to be quite linear), I can use
the st_longestline to get an approximation for the start/end points and
from there I can use the routing functions.

Thanks.
Cheers.

*Toni Hernández Vallès*
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica i Teledetecció
-
Universitat de Girona
*SIGTE*
-