[postgis-users] Problem using ST_Split to split line shapefile with nearby points

Heinz Chen liebenhans at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 10:36:09 PDT 2016

I am working with PostGIS 2.2.1 and trying to split line shapefile with
nearby points. My aim is to get the split line shapefile. I have
successfully found and exported the closest points on the line with
ST_ClosestPoint, but as I used ST_Split, It seems that I still could not
get the split line, and I could not check the result with QGIS visually.

The detail of this problem was posted in: ST_split returned error or wrong
result
<http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/214839/st-split-returned-error-or-wrong-result>
, and I am newbie to SQL and PostGIS, please give me any suggestion, thank
you.