[postgis-users] [GENERAL] Error During PostGIS Build From Source on Linux

Osahon Oduware osahon.gis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 02:46:36 PDT 2017

Hi Adrian,

I followed the step you provided and the installation was successful.
However, I created a test database and when I try to create a postgis
extension in the test database using:
CREATE EXTENSION postgis;

I get the following error:
ERROR: could not load library "/path/to/postgresql/lib/postgis-2.3.so":
/path/to/postgresql/lib/postgis-2.3.so: undefined symbol: GEOSClipByRect

Please, do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?