[postgis-users] Migrating part of database (At schema or table level) between two version of postgis.

Hemant Bist hemantbist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 10:21:46 PDT 2017

We  have an old database (postgis 2.1.2/postgresql-9.3/ubuntu 14.04), and a
new database (postgis 2.4.0,postgresql-9.5,ubuntu 16.04). Old database was
created via Hard Upgrade
<https://postgis.net/docs/postgis_installation.html#hard_upgrade> Although
both dbs have spatial tables in public schema, the data I want to copy over
is in their own schemas.

Can I do the following?
1) Copy data for a schema/tables  from old db to new db?
2) Copy data for a schema /tables from new db to old db? NOT sure what the
caveats here would be.

I couldn't find much via search. If there is some webpages I missed, I
would appreciate pointers to them.

I am hoping its possible. e.g.
http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2010/09/postgis-back-up-restore.html

Thanks,