[postgis-users] Clarification ST_AsMVTGEOM on Multipoint Geometry

Raúl Marín Rodríguez rmrodriguez at carto.com
Wed Jun 13 00:51:56 PDT 2018

Hi David,

ST_AsMVTGeom will remove any duplicated points if they have the same
coordinates after switching to tile coordinates. Can you check the output
of using it on one of your rows?

SELECT ST_ASText(ST_AsMVTGeom(ST_GeomFromText('MULTIPOINT(25 17, 26 18)'),

       ST_MakeBox2D(ST_Point(0, 0), ST_Point(4096, 4096)), 4096, 0,
false));
         st_astext
-----------------------------
MULTIPOINT(25 4079,26 4078)
(1 row)

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 1:06 AM, David Krett <dbkrett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hopefully someone can point me in the direction,
>
> I am currently using Postgresql 10 with the latest stable version of
> postgis and serving Tiles from a table in my DB. The geometry column is
> comprised of Multipoint Features, and not withstanding rows contain
> multiple points  only 1 point is being plotted on the Vector Tiles
> generated for each geographic area. Tried finding documentation re this but
> really couldnt find much.. So could a fellow user confirm whether there are
> any restrictions working with multipoint geometries are whether I am
> encountering a bug.
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> David Krett

*Raúl Marín Rodríguez *carto.com