[postgis-users] pg_dump on upgraded server

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Apr 4 01:55:41 PDT 2019

On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 08:33:47AM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> solved by forcing install of official deb postgresql-9.4-postgis-2.1
> from there on, things work. so, why does apt remove the needed package?
> it seems appropriate to me keeping it until postgresql 9.4 is purged.
> am I missing something?

I also think Debian packaging of PostGIS would need some improvement,
if you can get the maintainers to discuss this on postgis-devel I'd
love to fully understand the issue and maybe we can even avoid doing
things like dropping minor version number from DLL to work around what
seems to me a packaging issue...

--strk;