[postgis-users] raster2pgsql fail with JPEG encoded image

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Tue Oct 1 15:32:49 PDT 2019

Hi,

Thank you Pierre and Jim for your comments.

It is definitely related with the raster "GeoTransform". raster2pgsql
does handles it properly, but not in all circumstances.

I've looked at GDAL GetGeoTransform. It reads properly the necessary
transformation. I've wrote a small python script to iterate all over the
files just to report:
print("GetGeoTransform={}".format(dataset.GetGeoTransform()))

All (failing in raster2pgsql) test files have GeoTransform matrices. If
I open these rasters directly in QGIS, for example, the matrix is
respected and applied.

When I load those rasters into Postgis with raster2pgsql, the
GeoTransformation is not applied correctly.

There are several calls to GDALApplyGeoTransform in rasper2pgsql code. I
 need more detailed verbose/debug output to see exactly which
transformation is applied (and how the math is done).

Next step: debug raster2pgsql for such matrices. It is not my expertise,
but I need raster2pgsql running for all kind of rasters.

I'll keep looking at this issue and I'll report back.

Tanks for the comments.

Regards,

Jorge

J. Gustavo