[postgis-users] No extension

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Sep 28 22:41:46 PDT 2022

Do you have PostGIS tables.

What does

SELECT *

FROM geometry_columns;

Return.  I’m guessing maybe QGIS is complaining about lack of spatial tables.

Regarding the PostgreSQL 14 / 13.

Looked like your PostgreSQL 13 is running on 5432, you could just disable it.  I assume it’s maybe still running in services?

I’m not familiar with bitnami so not sure how you completely remove it.

If you want set your PostgreSQL 14 to run on 5432

You can do ALTER SYSTEM set port = ‘5432’;

And then restart your PostgreSQL 14 service.

For good measure, you could also edit the registry so when you install new things, it correctly detects the new port

Open regedit.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Services\postgresql-x64-14\

Key: Port