[postgis-users] No extension

Simon SPDBA Greener simon at spdba.com.au
Thu Sep 29 16:46:02 PDT 2022

> You confirmed the port is right the 5433 port (not 5432).
>
> Just still sounds like it’s trying to connect to the wrong service or
> server still.
>
> I’d triple check the connection settings, make sure the port and
> IP/hostname is right.

I only have one instance running on my box with multiple databases.

In short I connect to the database DFDB using qGIS with port 5432 and it
worked.
I connect to database GISDB using qGIS with port 5432 and it failed but
then worked with 5433. THANKS!

Any idea why?

Simon

--
Simon Greener
39 Cliff View Drive, Allens Rivulet, 7150, Tasmania, Australia
(m)simon at spdba.com.au