[postgis-users] No extension

Simon SPDBA Greener simon at spdba.com.au
Thu Sep 29 20:08:27 PDT 2022

I decided to switch the port back to 5432 following your recipe (because
I have many apps that access postgresql).

I can connect using qGIS/pgAdmin 4 etc but when I try to connect using
GeoServer I get this:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to obtain connection:
ERROR: function postgis_lib_version() does not exist
   Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You
might need to add explicit type casts.
   Position: 8
     at
org.geotools.jdbc.JDBCDataStore.createConnection(JDBCDataStore.java:2132)

Running the function in pgAdmin 4 returns:

select postgis_lib_version();

"postgis_lib_version"
"3.2.3"

Any ideas?

All other apps work correctly, only GeoServer is returning this error.

regards

Simon