[postgis-users] Where to find Postgis-3.x for Postgresql 15

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Aug 2 09:01:10 PDT 2023

Strange.  Where are you getting your PostgreSQL and PostGIS from?

I usually use apt.postgresql.org  and they have postgis for all postgresql.  They generally have all supported PostgreSQL versions available.

How I normally updated Ubuntu 22.04 is

sudo curl https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/apt.postgresql.org.gpg >/dev/

sudo apt update

sudo add-apt-repository "deb https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ $(lsb_release -s -c)-pgdg main 15"

sudo apt update

sudo apt install postgresql-15 postgresql-15-postgis-3

That should create a new instance running on a different port probably 5433

You can see all running with

pg_lsclusters

I don’t have my steps for upgrading readily handy.

Hope that helps,

Regina