[postgis-users] DMARC config

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Aug 24 04:00:03 PDT 2023

Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> writes:

>> > In all seriousness, just configure the list not to modify messages,
>> > other than adding List-Foo headers, and the problems all go away.
>>
>> I'm actually ok with this change, users might need to update their
>> filters but parsing headers should be easier than subject or footer,
>> will bring it up for vote on PSC.
>
> Still, I think this should be tested by the reporter as I'm really
> flying blind when it comes to DMARC. In particular, I wonder why
> Mailman does not include a "do not modify subject" and "do not add
> footer" as options in the dmarc_moderation_action options list.

Interesting point, but it is straightforward to configure these always.

It has never occured to me to set up a list so that:

  if the sender does not publish dmarc, add subject and footer

  if the sender does publish dmarc, don't add them

and I suspect it never occured to the mailman authors either.

Really, if heading down that path, it should be "if DKIM signed, don't
munge" because I get DKIM failures on people via lists, and thus
welcomelist_from_dkim doesn't work for them.