[postgis-users] [postgis-devel] PostGIS Known Issues : OEL7 to RHEL8 Upgrade

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Aug 29 06:25:39 PDT 2023

I doubt we’ll be ending support of 3.1 in 2024 but we haven’t voted on it.

We still need to EOL 3.0 too which we haven’t voted on either.

So 3.0 will most likely be in 2023.  3.1 probably not because we don’t like to EOL two versions in 1 year.

Also if there is no pressing reason to EOL, e.g the code hasn’t changed so much that we can’t apply security patches without rewriting the patch, we aren’t in that much of a rush.

So too things that force us to EOL

1.	Patches are harder to Apply
2.	We no longer have CI bots that can comfortably test all the PGs that were supported by that minor

Thanks,

Regina