Proj4text is still working

José Carlos Martínez jomarlla at upv.es
Fri Apr 26 02:01:45 PDT 2024

Hi Paul

Thanks for your answer.

With a new entry in spatial_ref_sys is working but some comments:

In previous versions of PostGIS (I do not remember from which one)  I
just used proj4text to change the 7 helmert transform values (towgs84)
between datums.

With a new entry in spatial_ref_sys:

- Now (PostGIS 3.4), proj4text is not working, in fact I can put an
empty text in proj4text and st_transform gives me the same results
(after restarting the server for avoiding cache effects of proj4/postgis).

- To custom the towgs84 values, I need to change the towgs84 values in
SRTEXT..this way its working!

It is PostGIS/Proj4 using srtext insted of proj4text? from which version?

Thanks again

Jose Martinez

--
José Carlos Martínez Llario