[postgis-devel] Issues about `gist_page_items`

Han Wang hanwgeek at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 23:31:06 PDT 2021

Hi all,

Currently, I am working on the pre-sort function for GiST to improve the
performance of building index.
However, when I use `gist_page_items` to debug, with:

> SELECT * FROM gist_page_items(get_raw_page('tbl_geomcollection_g_idx', 1),
> 'tbl_geomcollection_g_idx')

I got:

> ERROR: Unknown geometry type: 658326670 - Invalid type SQL state: XX000

*tbl_geomcollection*:

> CREATE TABLE tbl_geomcollection (
>   k serial,
>   g geometry
> );
>
> \COPY tbl_geomcollection FROM 'regress_gist_point_.data'

 Is it OK to use `gist_page_items` with PostGIS in that way?
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to let me know!

Best regards,
Han