[postgis-devel] autoconf?

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Aug 6 18:23:40 PDT 2021

> > On 2021-07-28 00:44, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> > > Anyone else seeing this?
> >
> > Yes, I've had that warning (and many more) for a while. I didn't try
> > to update anything to avoid getting into the discussion about dropping
> > support of old OSs, libraries et al. again.
> >
> > Ra l.
> [Regina Obe]
>
> I just noticed the error on Winnie when trying to build PostGIS 2.5 and
> PostGIS 3.0.
>
> I don't recall seeing the issue on 3.1 and higher.
>
> Which branch are you all building on?
>
> I haven't tested locally.  Could have happened during my mass update of
> libraries on mingw a couple of weeks ago I guess.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina
[Regina Obe]
On my local things are fine running autoconf 2.69 (or at least I think they are)

Winnie I had upgraded her msys2 about 2 weeks ago to fix installation of pgTap.
I guess in the process that upgraded autoconf to 2.71

So is everyone with autoconf 2.71 and higher having the issue with PostGIS 2.5 and 3.0?

3.1 and 3.2 at a glance look okay on her.  In this case compile is just broken, can't ignore and gettextize unfortunately did not seem to work, but I didn't inspect if it was a dumb reason.

Thanks,
Regina