[postgis-devel] [SoC] GSoC 2021 - Week 3 Report - Implement pre-sorting methods before GiST index building

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jun 28 19:23:27 PDT 2021

>  - I hope you're using at least a couple millions of objects. If not, take any OpenStreetMap country (I use Belarus usually), get it to the db (osmium-tool and its osmium export -f pg is good) and index that.

[Regina Obe]

Darafei and Han,

I packaged Belarus osm data up from https://download.geofabrik.de/europe/belarus-latest.osm.pbf

And have as an sql loadable script

https://postgis.net/extra/test-data/osm_belarus.sql.bz2

I’ve added it to the regress/real/download_data.sh script

I used ogr2ogr to load into PostgreSQL.  Not sure how it compares to osmium structure or if it matters much.

Thanks,
Regina