[postgis-devel] PostGIS Known Issues : OEL7 to RHEL8 Upgrade

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Aug 23 11:11:36 PDT 2023

3.1.2 is not the latest stable release for 3.1, so you really shouldn’t be using that.  The 3.1.2 is before the PostgreSQL security vulnerability patches for example and numerous bugs have been fixed since then.

Latest 3.1 is 3.1.9

https://postgis.net/2023/05/PostGIS-3.3.3-3.2.5-3.1.9-3.0.9-Patch-Releases/

News specific for 3.1 - https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/raw/tag/3.1.9/NEWS

I would say the same holds true for PostgreSQL 13.12 is the latest stable, so not sure why you are trying to use a version several micro updates behind

https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/postgresql-154-149-1312-1216-1121-and-postgresql-16-beta-3-released-2689/

Hope that helps,

Regina