We need Developer Documentation

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 17:27:58 PST 2023

I agree this should not go in the User Guide, and should be versioned with
the code.

How about putting it in a DEVELOPING.md file (as was previously suggested I
think?).

it could go in CONTRIBUTING.md too, since that's not got too much content
right now.  But I think it would be clearer if it was in it's own document.