We need Developer Documentation

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Dec 12 18:07:26 PST 2023

I like that idea.

So we create a new file DEVELOPING.md

and the CONTRIBUTING.md would just link to it and stay short.

That way people with no patience at all like myself (most of the time) can look at the CONTRIBUTING.md,

Click on the link to DEVELOPING.md (and think, my gosh that DEVELOPING.md document is too long), I’ll just fumble my way through the code

and see what others are doing.

That is not to say having a detailed DEVELOPING.md will be useless, I see it as a document to glance at to remind myself when I get stuck

or to point at a section of it when someone gets a red bar on their pull request and can’t figure out why.