pkg-config

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Dec 19 06:12:06 PST 2023

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 07:52:59PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I do not understand the need for new postgis to support old geos.

My general aim is to make people PARTECIPATE in development, so any
barrier to that should be avoided as much as possible. This means if
you, as a developer, have an old geos and $reasons not to upgrade
( I for one I've always plenty of reasons not to upgrade ) then I
still want you to be able to develop PostGIS.

Note I wasn't even happy with the drop of "optional GEOS" and
"optional PROJ" for that same reason (I think some developers could
contribute perfectly good features w/out having PROJ or GEOS
installed.

--strk;