We need Developer Documentation

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Dec 19 07:05:34 PST 2023

On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 07:56:52PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:

> I'm thinking we scrap STYLE (and incorporate it in or reference it in
> CONTRIBUTING,md) and augment the CONTRIBUTING.md file (sections for the
> above items)

Sounds like a good idea to me to scrap STYLE and use CONTRIBUTING.md
as an entry level, but I would have domain-specific documents for the
different parts, like we could have a WRITING_SQL.md
and references to it from each and every SQL input in codebase.

The file could maybe be under doc/, eventually moving the whole user
manual under its own directory

> For example I don't think this Replaces commenting lives in any other branch
> except master -- Sandro correct me if I misspoke.

"Replaces" support is first found in stable-3.1 branch (and isn't in 3.0)

--strk;

  Libre GIS consultant/developer
  https://strk.kbt.io/services.html