[postgis-devel] Separate make target to install extension upgrade scripts ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Jan 26 00:29:19 PST 2023

Now that "make install" also installs the "postgis" script,
and given the "postgis" script lets you install extension
upgrade scripts as needed, should we stop installing extension
upgrade scripts for "known old versions" by default and delegate
that to a separate `make install-extension-upgrades` target ?

I'd be in favour of this, so IF packagers can't find a better
solution they can still run that rule, but those who build from
sources aren't forced to have a zillion files on their disk.

--strk;

  Libre GIS consultant/developer
  https://strk.kbt.io/services.html