[postgis-devel] Separate make target to install extension upgrade scripts ?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Jan 26 10:36:37 PST 2023

Most of this mess stems from the Original Sin of having a versioned .so file, which in turn necessitates a Huge Upgrade, as all the existing functions need to be re-pointed to the new versioned so. If we had immediately decided "there will be only one version of postgis per pgsql cluster" we could have moved to incremental upgrade scripts and generally had a much more pleasant life. As it stands now, it feels like the hole we have been digging is 100 feet deep and I cannot even see the sky anymore.