[postgis-devel] Proj GUCs

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jun 21 08:20:34 PDT 2023

If for your tests you want to have the greater stability for the results
of coordinate transformations, you should try to stay in the same datum
in the source and target CRS. That is projecting between different
projections of WGS 84 (or NAD83 or whatever) should give you pretty
stable results (unless the maths behind a projection method are changed,
but that's much less frequent than datum transformation parameters). But
things like NAD83 <--> WGS 84 might vary over PROJ versions and depend
on grids.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com