[postgis-devel] Proj GUCs

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jun 21 08:02:52 PDT 2023

it, that's fine -- but it's not really a postgis issue.

> I would say that postgis tests should expect full-precision/best-choice
> transforms and that the tests should say that someplace.  I am unclear on
> this for many reasons, but the top one is that I have not yet updated proj
in
> pkgsrc to current, partly because of not getting to it, but mostly because
proj
> updates the last few years have been leaving unmaintained and
> undermaintained packages behind.

I think the regressions we were having have been largely resolved.
The main regression was for our proj cache overflow tests, which doesn't
even care about the answers
but more that the timing isn't horrible.

But I think for that we have now settled on 100 someodd srids that don't
break on proj 4.9 - 9.2
regardless what the proj settings are.

Most of the ones where we check answers I think are working fine cause they
never relied on grid shifts.