[postgis-devel] Code of conduct page

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat May 13 22:44:08 PDT 2023

On 2023-05-12 4:52 p.m., Regina Obe wrote:
> Paul has put up the new website.
>
> https://postgis.net
>
> I was thinking we need a code of conduct page as required by OSGeo.  I plan
> to pattern it after the GEOS onehttps://libgeos.org/project/coc/
>
> Except
> 1) Of course not talking about GEOS
> 2) Spelling out the name in the link instead of that annoying acronym
> 3) Have reporting go topsc at postgis.net   (similar to what QGIS does on
> theirs -
> https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/codeofcond
> uct.html
>
> Does anyone have issue with the above plan?

The GEOS COC defines doxing as "Posting (or threatening to post) other
people’s personally identifying information". This has a serious issue
we ran into with an OpenStreetMap Carto pull request
<https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/4554/files/dde058f367721878e66cf5b7ee3cd72ed837b2d7#r889629148>
- it does not differentiate between private information and public
information, and disagrees with the dictionary definitions of doxing,
which is about publishing private information. The below quote applies here