[postgis-users] Re: prime meridians for PROJ.4

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Dec 11 06:41:06 PST 2002

Luis,

As requested I have prepared a new dump of the EPSG codes in what I hope is
PostGIS compatible form ... I haven't actually tested it.  I will leave that
to you. This should include the +pm directives for prime meridians where
appropriate.

I generated this dump with the gdal/pymod/epsg_tr.py script to which I have
added the '-postgis' commandline option for generating SQL INSERT statement
format suitable for use to insert into the spatial reference system table
in PostGIS.  If you, or anyone else, needs to generate translations of the
EPSG tables, it should be possible using this script.

I would add that the script could be easily modified to translate arbitrary
sets of coordinate system definitions from other sources, such as ESRI .prj
files for instance.

The sample translation can be found at:

   ftp://gdal.velocet.ca/pub/outgoing/new_epsg_srs.sql.gz

Please let me know of any problems you encounter.

Best regards,