[postgis-users] Error while importing data

Nigel Kukard nkukard at lbsd.net
Mon Mar 14 04:01:14 PST 2005

Hi, below error message, attached shapefiles

strk at refractions.net wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 03:10:23PM +0000, Nigel Kukard wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I see quite a number more errors (the_geom constraint violations) with
>>1.0.0rcX, if I paste one of these for you, could you tell me why its
>>happening?

commands i used are..  (cvs snapshot of postgis-1.0.0, RCSID: $Id:
shp2pgsql.c,v 1.81 2005/03/08 11:06:33 strk Exp $)

shp2pgsql -a -D 2327BD_AIR_TRANSPORT_AREA_ALLFEATTYPES.shp all >
/tmp/air_transport.sql
psql -U postgres all < /tmp/air_transport.sql

here is the error....

BEGIN
ERROR:  new row for relation "air_transport_area" violates check
constraint "enforce_dims_the_geom"
CONTEXT:  COPY air_transport_area, line 1: "12006587    12006587
LANDING STRIP   AREA    2327BD  A     0        \N
000000000000000000000001        0       \N      MDP_2   0       0
20020522        ..."
ROLLBACK

attached is the shapefiles i am trying to import.

Thanks for your help!!!

Regards
Nigel