[postgis-users] Chinese translation

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Aug 23 08:26:15 PDT 2023

Hi WangDapeng,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 02:00:31PM +0800, Light wrote:
> I see that the Chinese translation of the documentation is missing and I
> want to contribute. We submit 3-4 files per week.

There's some simplified chinese translation on weblate:
https://weblate.osgeo.org/languages/zh_Hans/postgis/

Is that what the language you want to translate to ?

> Which branch should I use?
> I saw KDE, any more detailed instructions?

The easiest way to contribute is via weblate, which is the URL
above. At the moment the templates for that language are probably
outdated as there's no support in the build scripts for it.
If you confirm that's the language you want to contribute to
I can add the support for it, just let me know what's the recommended
suffix for it (-zh or -zh_Hans ?).

Best way to handle such addition would be to file a trac ticket
for it on https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis

You'll need an OSGeo UserID to both file the ticket and contribute
the translation via weblate. If you don't yet have one it can be
created from https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/create

Welcome !

--strk;